Braille Tales Print/Braille Book Program: Apply for Free Books!
This future braille reader enjoys exploring a print/braille book from the Braille Tales Print/Braille Books Program!
Participating families receive six free print/braille books per year up to the child’s 6th birthday. To be eligible for the program:
- You or your child must meet the definition of blindness
- Your child must be age 5 or under
- Both you and your child must reside in the U.S. or its outlying areas (American Samoa, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands)
Applications for print/braille books will be accepted on a first come/first served basis. All others will be placed on the program’s waiting list.
Here are important tips to know when applying:
- To ensure proper delivery of books, make certain to put your mailing address and email address on the application form. You can also download the form in English or in Spanish. *Your privacy is very important to us. Your information will not be shared outside APH.
- To stop receiving books, or to change your address or personal information; or
- If you know of someone who would benefit from this service, please have them contact Hannah Sedlak at email@example.com or 502-899-2387.
Braille Tales Print/Braille Books Program titles for 2018 include:
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon
- Night-Night Forest Friends
- Old Bear and his Cub
- Following Papa’s Song
- Read to Tiger
- Little Poems for Tiny Ears
Coming in 2019:
- If I were a Kangaroo
- I just want to say Goodnight
- The Giant Jumperee