Tactile Skills Matrix: Line Tracking
The following APH products support Line Tracking skills by encouraging students to trace different types of tactile lines and paths (e.g., dotted, solid, dashed, etc.) within tactile worksheets, board games, activities, and storybooks. Note: Products without a hyperlink to APH’s shopping site have been obsoleted, but original copies might still be available to some teachers for continued use with their students.
- Accessible Code and Go Mouse
- Flip-Over Concept Books: LINE PATHS
- Finger Walks
- Game Kit with “Square Line,” “Maze Line,” and “Straight Line” game boards
- Moving Ahead Series:
- On the Way to Literacy Storybooks:
- Rolling Into Place™ storybook
- SQUID Tactile Activities Magazine with these activities:
- “Island Fun” (included in Issue 1)
- “A-Maze Me!” (included in Issue 2)
- “Stormy Weather” (included in Issue 3)
- “Magic Carpet Ride” (included in Issue 4)
- “Mouse Trap” (included in Issue 5)
- “Star Maze” (included in Issue 6)
- “Follow that Fly!” (included in Issue 7)
- Teaching Touch includes line-tracking worksheets
- Web Chase. Players navigate game tokens through a web of solid line spokes and dotted web strands.
Do you have other recommendations for products that encourage the development LINE TRACKING? Share your ideas with Karen J. Poppe, Tactile Literacy Project Leader, at email@example.com as she continues to update this Tactile Skills Matrix.