Tactile Skills Matrix: Understanding Perspective
StackUps Kit: Spatial Reasoning Using Cubes and Isometric Drawings
The following APH products encourage Understanding Perspective by introducing and reviewing concepts such as top view, side view, front view, cross section, flips, rotations, etc., within tactile worksheets, science overlays, puzzles, and more. Note: Products without a hyperlink to APH’s shopping site have been obsoleted, but original copies might still be available to some teachers for continued use with their students.
- Geometric Forms
- Geometro: Additional Shapes:
- Giant Textured Beads with Pattern Matching Cards — Includes side views of 3D cube, cylinder, and rectangular prism
- Sense of Science: ANIMALS — Includes a tactile overlay that shows the top and side views of a turtle
- Sense of Science: ASTRONOMY — Includes a tactile overlay that shows the top and side views of the Space Shuttle and a cross section of the Sun
- Sense of Science: PLANTS — Includes a tactile overlay that shows the cross section of a log
- Setting the Stage for Tactile Understanding — Includes a 3D house and matching 2D cards to introduce concepts of front, side, and top views
- SQUID Tactile Activities Magazine with this activity:
- StackUps: Spatial Reasoning Using Cubes and Isometric Drawings
- Tactile Tangrams Kit — Includes puzzles that encourage concepts related to flips and rotations
- Touch ’em All Baseball Teacher’s Kit — Includes stick figure diagrams illustrating pitching and batting from a side view perspective
Do you have other recommendations for products that encourage the UNDERSTANDING OF PERSPECTIVE? Share your ideas with Karen J. Poppe, Tactile Literacy Project Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org as she continues to update this Tactile Skills Matrix.